* Welcome Mesa County EMS Providers *
Please join our email list; it’s over here ——>
This is the website for Mesa County EMS providers. The goal is to improve communication from the Medical Director and the Mesa County EMS Coordinator to you; and to provide a simple and easy-to-use place for all of the information, documents and resources you need to keep up to date with MCEMS.
↓ WHAT’S NEW ↓
(see posts below)
Carfentanil Warning for EMS and Law Enforcement Personnel
There is a potent drug (opioid) called Carfentanil that is being mixed with heroin or being sold as heroin. It is cheap and easy to order on the internet
See:EMS and LEO Carfentanil Warning
Squad Review Makeup Assignment
Third Trimester 2016
- This make up assignment may only be used to replace one squad review per year.
- This only applies to squad reviews, skills days are still mandatory
- All citations and supporting documentation must be from peer-reviewed journals and may not be pulled from internet sources (i.e. Wikipedia) or textbooks.
- Work will be due 30 days from posting on Mesa County Website, no exceptions! In this case it will be January 15, 2017
- Incomplete or unacceptable work will be returned for completion. Each question below must be of at least one page in length NOT including citations. Citations for all sections will be placed at end of document in common bibliography format.
See: Squad Review Makeup Assignement T3 2016
10/11/2016 NEW MCEMS Training Videos
Pediatric Burn Management
Presented by Charles W. Breaux, Jr., MD, FACS
End Tidal Co2 Monitoring
Presented by David S. James MD, St. Mary's Lung and Sleep Center, Grand Junction, CO
See: MCEMS Training Videos
2016 SR/ALS Skills Schedule and Locations
The schedule for 2016, with locations, is now out. Look in "Squad Review" and "ALS Skills" under the Public Library in left sidebar of the website.